Our Senior Strong program is not just another program for seniors. Each class is programmed to increase range of motion, posture, balance, and strength through functional movements. Everyone taking class gets the attention they need from a caring and passionate Coach.
With each class we develop:
– Joint mobility and strength
– Stamina and endurance
– Core strength and stability
Results are reported every day!
– Can walk longer distances/ up and down stairs without being out of breath
– Can get in and out of a chair without assistance/ raised seats
– Better blood work! Cholesterol, blood sugar, CRP
– Improved bone density
– Better posture
– Ability to do every day tasks easier/ without assistance (carrying in groceries, walking up and down stairs, reaching for something in a cupboard, bending down to pick something up off the floor etc).
What does a normal Senior Strong class look like?
1) First few minutes are spent catching up. News, jokes, and friendly exchanges.
2) Warm up. These are designed to increase the blood flow in your body and loosen you up. They vary from class to class depending on what movements we are doing in the workout.
3) We work on a movement that helps to increase your joint range of motion, build strength, and keep you moving well outside of the gym. For example: picking something off the floor, that’s a deadlift, a compound joint movement. Some will deadlift a PVC pipe weighing less then a pound, while others may use lighter or heavier dumbells or barbells, depending on range of motion and mobility.
4) We do a lift or a body weight strength movement. Lifts can involve a medicine ball, a kettlebell, dumbbells, or even barbells. Body weight strength movements may involve pushups, body weight squats, core movements, pulling movements etc.
5) We do a workout. The workout is a little more high intensity than the rest of the class. It varies every day. Some days you may have a task, like a certain amount of rounds to do, and other days you may have an amount of time and you complete as many rounds as you can in that time.
6) We go over all the movements before doing them. This allows us to modify them specifically for you. If you can’t lay flat for sit ups, then we will find something else for you to do. Everything can be modified, or even replaced with a different movement.
7) You go at your own pace and ability level.
8) It’s fun!
How to join us:
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 201-485-8800.
Classes are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 11:30am – 12:30pm.
First class is always free. Come try us out and see if this is for you!
*One on one training is also available. Please contact us for more information.